Already opened the beach season right at their home? We advise you to think about the safety of such a vacation
In almost all major cities of the world, bathing in ponds and rivers is prohibited. There are a number of reasons for this that should be considered separately:
- Inside the city you can not meet a pond or any artificial reservoir that is safe for bathing. Unlike rivers, the water is standing in such places, which means it is not updated at all, so this is a real nursery of microorganisms and viruses. To get out of such water with intestinal infection or skin disease is easier, and if you are diving, then be sure that you will return to the conjunctivitis! Another problem of ponds is waterfowl. In almost every city in small ponds there are ducks that are carriers of cervicals – floating larvae of parasitic worms. They cannot get under the skin of a person, but cause severe itching, dermatitis and temperature about 38 ° C. However, you can still pick up parasites in water. The most common diseases are cryptosporidiosis and lambliosis.
- You should not think that various infections will not lie in wait for you in lakes or rivers outside the city. At high temperatures in fresh water, a huge amount of microorganisms always develop, especially if people, and birds, and animals are constantly swimming there. Flowering worsens the situation, so if you decide to swim in a local reservoir, come from the side where there is no mud and nothing grows.
- Another danger lies in the sand. Pathogenic mushrooms, worms and various bacteria live there. If you have damage to the skin (scratches, acne, blisters) in no case do not build sandy locks and do not bury your body.
- Very often the bottom of city rivers and lakes is lit by garbage. And it’s not about plastic bottles and wrappers from chips. Old reinforcement, broken glass and other “snags” can cause serious injury. It is especially dangerous to dive into city rivers from bridges. It is worth recalling that many infections may not be transmitted through the skin, but if you put a scratch, bacteria quickly attack you
- Inside cities, many reservoirs can be near the factories. Alas, even if the factory was closed, toxic waste of its production can still poison water. In this case, you run the risk of facing serious allergic reactions and even with a severe case of poisoning.
Of course, many people are used to swimming in rivers and lakes since childhood, so there are few of them, which can stop with pleasure to cool in a local reservoir. If you are one of these people, we advise you to follow the following recommendations:
- Never go into the water where there is a sign “swimming”;
- Always rinse clean water after swimming. If there is no such opportunity, take wet wipes with you;
- It is better to remove the swimsuit immediately after the swim, and at home it must be washed well;
- Do not bathe in the city, at factories, landfills, in overgrown lakes or those that bloom;
- Do not go into the water if there are birds or traces of wild animals are visible;
- Do not drink water and do not open your eyes when diving;
- In the case of diarrhea, nausea, itching and fever, consult a doctor.
If you are still going to visit the city beach, we advise you to carefully study the recommendations for the safety of Rospotrebnadzor